You may be entitled to recover monetary damages for pain and suffering, lost wages and payment of reasonable medical expenses (both present and future) if you or a loved one has been injured or died as the result of negligent security. This arises when a business or security company fails to provide adequate security on a premises and it results in an injury or death to you or a loved one.
What should I do? If you or a friend or family member are injured or died as a result of a negligent security injury or accident, try to obtain as much information as possible about the person(s) or business involved. Call the police. The police report usually includes descriptions, names, addresses and numbers, owner names and addresses, and insurance carrier names.
You should also make notes about relevant facts, ideally as soon as possible after the accident, including:
- conditions of the accident scene – who was there, what was the lighting like, were there warning signs, what was going on around you
- names and phone numbers of potential witnesses
- types and degree of apparent damage or injuries
- medical treatment obtained or denied
- take photographs with a camera phone or camera
We strongly recommend that you do not sign any insurance company documents related to your accident before consulting with an attorney. We would be happy to review and evaluate your case. We do not charge any fee for consultations of this sort.