Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents can be some of the most difficult cases to win in Tennessee. What may be a cut and dry case to the injured person can sometime be extremely difficult to both prove and win. It is important that you understand the laws in Tennessee and take immediate action to gather as much information and preserve as much evidence as quickly as possible to protect your case.
Damages in Slip and Fall Accidents
You may be entitled to recover monetary damages for pain and suffering, lost wages and payment of reasonable medical expenses (both present and future) if you have been injured as the result of slip and fall accident.
What should I do after a slip and fall accident?
What should I do? If you or a friend or family member are involved in a slip and fall accident, try to obtain as much information as possible about the location of the accident and what you are observing.
You should also make notes about relevant facts, ideally as soon as possible after the accident, including:
- weather, time of day, available light and floor conditions
- possible potholes, spills, elevation in flooring, carpets, rugs, condition of flooring
- what type of substance caused you to fall
- save your clothing and shoes, especially if the substance has stained your clothing and do not wash that clothing
- signs or cones placed to warn, or lack thereof
- names and phone numbers of potential witnesses
- take pictures if you have a camera phone or phone with you
- apparent severity of injury, including any treatment sought or received from paramedics at the scene
- get a copy of the accident report
Slip and Fall Accidents: Seek Medical Treatment
And while this may seem obvious, you should seek medical attention as soon as possible even if you are not experiencing severe injury symtpoms. The combination of shock, adrenaline, normal delays in the onset of muscle soreness and other factors may mask a serious injury. Immediate professional medical attention can prevent you from aggravating a masked injury and help speed your recovery.
Slip and Fall Accidents: Insurance Companies
We strongly recommend that you do not sign any insurance company documents related to your accident before consulting with an attorney. We would be happy to review and evaluate your case. We do not charge any fee for consultations of this sort.